Friday, October 3, 2008

Work-School-Work-School!

Sam's first day of preschool. I have been a little anti-preschool I have to say. I kinda feel like it doesn't offer a lot that I couldn't and shouldn't teach him at home. I understand the social discipline part and all that, but I feel that, given the right opportunities, a child can and will learn all that naturally outside of preschool. With that said, I love this preschool. Like I said before, it's spanish immersion. I can't teach him that at home. I wish I could. He is learning spanish so fast. He has had a little bit of frustration with it but is getting past that now. I love the time I get to spend with Jack for 2 hours a day Monday-Thursday. I think kindergarten will seem so easy for him since it will be in English.
The boys "work" well together. When they aren't using hammers and shovels on each other, they love "working" together. I love having two boys. They are so different, but both 100% boy!
I realize that we don't have very many pictures of Jack smiling which is both perplexing, since he smiles ALL the time, and a little sad since his smile is so very angelic. It melts me every time. New goal: get Jack to smile on command for the camera.
I just thought this was such a random funny face of Sam's. I think at this point in his life and modeling career, 4 1/2 years and 5 million pictures, he is a little annoyed with the camera when he is in "real work mode".
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

tawnya said...

The background is awesome. That picture of Jack is the best!

The Ratchford Family said...

The boys are so cute and getting big. Amazing for Sam to get such a good start on a second language.

Becki said...

I felt the same way about preschool, but was happy to find the perfect fit for our boys. They LOVE it too, so it helped me feel better about it. I hope Sam likes it. Jack is so sweet. He has a look that you just want to hug!