Saturday, July 26, 2008

Where am I?

It's been so long that I almost forgot my login. Well actually I did, but after a couple tries I got it. So, I guess we've had a lot going on. Illness: Sam got really sick for a while and after a night in the ER, complete blood work, a spinal tap (yeah, I said spinal tap), and a 105 degree fever for 5 days, they were able to tell me that he had a virus....oh, then terrible cramping and spinal headaches both from the spinal tap for the next week. Sure glad they ran those tests so that he wouldn't hurt anymore. To say the least, I am a bit frustrated with the entire medical field and I don't think I will ever trust them the way I did before....And I probably won't take my kids back for a while unless I think it's serious. I never thought I'd say that. I was the first one to tell someone to go to the Dr. if they were sick, and especially with kids because they can't tell you how they feel. But after an unnecessary (and painful, then a UTI because of it) catheter in my nine month old and a COMPLETELY unnecessary spinal tap, I'm not that big of a fan anymore.All I ask for is respect, honesty, competency, and a little sympathy from a Dr. and I'm having trouble finding that....WHY?
I have several posts today (hopefully I get them up today), so I decided to do this one first because it makes me so angry just to think about it. Cute pictures will put me back in a good mood though.

No comments: